My name is Joseph Dissmeyer.
I have a Twitter account here, https://twitter.com/joedissmeyer, but I rarely use it. Nonetheless, I welcome witty banter :)
I'm a tech geek, work in IT, married to the most perfect person in the world to me, and have three amazing kids.
I love my family more than anything else in this world.
I love my job.
I love learning new things and new technologies.
I want to be the absolute best at what I do no matter if it is at work, at home, or in my community.
I strive to inspire others to be the absolute best version of themselves.
I love when people around me succeed! It inspires me to be a better employee, a better husband, and a better father.
I want to be a better Joey today than I was yesterday.
I know that I am not perfect so I don't try to be. But I do strive to do the right thing the first time, all the time.
This is the way that I live life. It is my hope to pass these values to my children so they too can inspire future generations to be better as well.
I wrote this book on SolarWinds NPM. Buy it on Amazon!
Professionally, the following is a list of some of the projects that I have been a part of (in no particular order):
- Adopt and train System Reliability Engineering principles
- Architect and Engineer Elastic Stack clusters
- Apache Kafka cluster scaling, integration, and management
- Obvservability planning and implementation for private cloud instances
- iPad and Android Mobile Device Management Solution
- Evaluate and Deploy Cisco and Juniper VPN solutions
- Large scale Meraki Cloud Managed Router, Switch, and Access Point Deployment
- Migration from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2007
- Migration from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012
- Sharepoint Server Engineering and Administration (3.0, 2007, 2010, and 2013)
Sharepoint 2013 Migration
- Administrative scripting using VBscript, Batch Files, and Powershell
- Google Apps for Business deployment, training, and administration
- Windows Desktop Deployment with MDT, WDS, Symantec Ghost, etc.
- Active Directory Design, Engineering, and Migration.
- Desktop Configuration Management with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Evaluate, Plan, and Implement large scale enterprise observability systems including Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), the SolarWinds Orion platform (NPM, SAM, NCM, NTA), and Spiceworks.
- F5 BIG-IP Administration and Engineering
- RightFax and Brooktrout Fax board engineering
- IT Service Management software suite evaluation and selection including Service Now, BMC Remedy, Track-It, and ManageEngine ServiceDesk.
- Microsoft Hyper-V Deployment and Design
- VMWare ESXi infrastructure engineering
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Migration from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012
- Server migrations to Windows Server 2012 R2
- Build, deploy, and maintain internal IT knowledge bases
- Enterprise monitoring with Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack
- Web API Monitoring and Analytics
- Apache Kafka deployment
- IBM WebSphere performance tuning and administration
- Centralized application log management
- Set up Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Architect and instrument Web Application Tracing